We are delighted to have been designated a High Performing Specialist School. Our Science College status has allowed us to strengthen our provision and facilities in Science, Mathematics and ICT, while maintaining all-round excellence across the whole curriculum. The extra funds have allowed us to introduce:
- the latest technology and equipment to support students' learning in Science, Mathematics and other areas;
- enhanced links with local business and scientists which help students relate their studies to the "real world";
- new courses and innovative cross-curricular experiences;
- special Science and Mathematics events for students, local schools and the community;
- extra staff to further decrease class sizes.
Whitmore is also part of a National Teaching School alliance and we work collaboratively with schools across the region to provide high quality training opportunities for all our staff.